We are changing the FRCRATIO to 1 to try to correct this problem with the
DDS based files.

I am concerned about whether this will be a problem with SQL tables, or DDS
files updated using SQL.

Gene

On 10/4/07, Gene Burns <burns.gene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a situation where multiple users are trying to update a DDS based
file at the same time. The user that gets the lock and updates the file can
see the update. The other users do not see the update that the first user
did to the file. The FRCRATIO is set to *NONE. The system knows that the
file has been updated by the first user, but the data has not yet been
physically written to the disk. Therefore the other users cannot see what
changes have been made.

My question is; Would this still happen if the file was an SQL table?

What if this was an SQL update to the DDS file?

I tried searching the archive to see if this had been covered before but
all I could get was a blank page for search results, regardless of what I
was using for search keyword.

Gene