Hi All,

I'm in the middle of writing some programs that use the data from a 2d
barcode scan and push it do an SQL database. However, I'm encountering
some problems with the scan and I'm wondering I need to do something
special to code it to read properly?

I wrote a really quick program that simply takes the scan and writes it
to a table. If I use my program to scan, the scanner will read garbled
data and write it to the table. However, if I use the scan test program
built into the terminal and scan the exact same 2d barcode, the data is
represented properly.

The data is being written to a 255A field and ultimately to a
varchar(255) field in the database. However, the data is corrupt even
before it hits the db. The labels are of QR type (Japan labels) and are
being read from an Intermec CK-31 scanner.

Anyone have any ideas on what to check? I'll post me code to see if
there's anything obvious that I'm missing.

Thanks!

/b;

Code to follow

RPGLE:

A****************************************************************

A* *

A* PROGRAM ID : SCAN2DR *

A* DESCRIPTION : Scan a 2d Barcode *

A* PURPOSE : When a 2d barcode is scanned, the system will*

A* write the data to CAP2DBC. *

A* *

A* PROGRAMMED BY : B. Piotrowski DATE : 09/28/2007 *

A****************************************************************

A* SUMMARY OF CHANGES *

A****************************************************************

A* DATE PROGRAMMER COMMENTS *

A*--------------------------------------------------------------*

A* 09/28/2007 B. Piotrowski Initial Release *

A****************************************************************

FSCAN2DD CF E Workstn

F IndDS(WkStnIndics)

D WkStnIndics DS

D Exit 3 3N

D*

D SQLstmt S 1000A INZ varying

D Plantcode S 1A Inz

D USRMESSAGE S 25A Inz

C*

C*

/free

DoW not Exit;

ExFmt prompt_fmt;

if exit;

leave;

ENDIF;

if serialno = '';

USRMESSAGE = 'Please Scan a 2d Barcode!';

serialno ='';

else;

EXSR Write2DBCInfo;

endif;

EndDo;

*InLR = *on;

// Subroutines

BegSR *InzSR;

USRMESSAGE = ' PLEASE SCAN A 2D BARCODE';

serialno = '';

EndSR;

BegSR Write2DBCInfo;

/end-free

c/exec SQL

c+ insert into CAP2DBC VALUES (:serialno)

c/end-exec

C*

/free

IF SQLCOD = 0;

USRMESSAGE = ' Data Written!';

//serialno = '';

else;

USRMESSAGE = ' Data Error!';

serialno = '';

endif;

EndSR;

/end-free

DDS:

A****************************************************************

A* *

A* PROGRAM ID : SCAN2DD *

A* DESCRIPTION : Scan a 2d Barcode *

A* *

A* PROGRAMMED BY : B. Piotrowski DATE : 09/28/2007 *

A****************************************************************

A* SUMMARY OF CHANGES *

A****************************************************************

A* DATE PROGRAMMER COMMENTS *

A*--------------------------------------------------------------*

A* 09/28/2007 B. Piotrowski Initial Release *

A****************************************************************

A CA03(03 'MENU')

A INDARA

A** PROMPT SCREEN

A R PROMPT_FMT OVERLAY

A 1 3' 2D BARCODE ID '

A DSPATR(HI RI)

A USRMESSAGE 25A 2 1

A DSPATR(HI RI)

A 3 1'2D Barcode #:'

A 4 5'F3 = CANCEL'

A SERIALNO 255A B 5 1CHECK(ER) DSPATR(UL)

A*

Brian Piotrowski
Assistant Mgr. - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.