Hello Eric,

You can write java code to accomplish this and then use the remote
program call in JT400 to make the physical call. The remote program
call supports bi-directional parm passing. We use this quite a bit in
our .Net programming.

You can make the Java class a standalone program or encapsulate the code
into an RPG call.

If you run into a roadblock and need some outside vendor assistance, let
me know and we could probably put something together for you in a couple
days worth of work.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com <http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 6

date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:36:07 -0500

from: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

subject: RE: Alternatives for remote program call

I need bi-directional parameters. I did not think that was supported for
REXEC invocations.... Are you going to make my day and tell me I'm
wrong? <g>

Eric