I don't understand your scenario. You say there's an antenna plugged into an RS232 port on the PC. Then you say you want to start the complete app from the AS/400 and take control over the reading process. That makes sense.

From there, I get lost. Obviously, you need some sort of communication between the PC and the "AS/400" (which hopefully isn't REALLY an AS/400, but something a bit more modern)

You say something about data queue support for PHP on i5/OS, and that does exist, but all languages on i5/OS support data queues, so I guess I don't understand...

What program will run on the PC to read the RS232 port? Is this a program you're writing, or is it something supplied by the RFID vendor, or how does that work?

How will that program communicate with i5/OS? Will it open an HTTP request (is that why you're using PHP?) Or is it using a socket? or a data queue, or what?

If it's using a data queue, why not read that data queue directly from your RPG program? Why bother with a PHP in the middle?

If it's using an HTTP request, then I can see where PHP might simplify things a bit -- but then why not have the PHP program write the data to the database (LF, was it) instead of calling back & forth with an RPG program?

I must not understand your scenario at all?

Bernd Dworrak wrote:
What I really want to do is bulk reading RFID chips with control over
the AS/400.

The scenario is as follows:

An antenna is plugged into the RS232 com port of a PC that reads the
chips.

I want to start the complete app from the AS/400 and take control over
the reading process from the AS/400.

The 'chip numbers' are key field of an LF on the AS/400. After the chips
are read an update to the database has to be made.

Thought I could do this via DTAQ support for PHP script but I want to
start the script that runs on the AS/400 (Zend) from the RPG program
that makes all error checks and the update.
Do you think this could work?