From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 7:45 AM
To: RPG Midrange
Subject: Subfile Control Issue

The subfile control contains fields defined as both input and output.
The subfile itself is a list of all previously entered transactions (with a
select field that can be used to select the transaction for update or
deletion). Two of the subfile control fields are promptable; if the client
presses F9 while positioned on the field, an appropriate inquiry program is
called from which the client may select the value to use for the field.

The problem that I am having is that, after the F9 key is pressed and the
primary program's subfile is re-displayed, any previously entered fields are
cleared (blank or zero). The control logic is:

DOW FKey <> F3;

WRITE MCU004AFK; // Function keys
WRITE MSGSFLB; // Message subfile
EXFMT MCU004ACTL; // Subfile control
EXSR $CMsg; // Clear message subfile

IF FKey = F3;
LEAVE;
ENDIF;

IF FKey = F9 // Prompt function
AND zzfld = 'UMA';
s#um = '***';
arq018(s#um:term);
IF s#um <> *Blanks;
uma = s#um;
ENDIF;
ITER;
ENDIF;

I have done this several times before with success; i.e., previously entered
fields are re-displayed with the values entered before the prompt fills in
data. The difference is that, in those cases, these have been simple record
panels, not subfile controls.

The subfile control record has:

R MCU004ACTL SFLCTL(MCU004A)
OVERLAY
SFLSIZ(9999)
SFLPAG(0014)
33 SFLDSP
N31 SFLDSPCTL
31 SFLCLR
90 SFLEND(*MORE)
CA09
RTNCSRLOC(&ZZRCD &ZZFLD &ZZPOS)
ZZRCD 10A H
ZZPOS 4S 0H
ZZFLD 10A H
RRN 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR

Am I missing a SFLxxx keyword, or is it not possible to do what I want with
a subfile control?

Thanks.