Rob,

My brain is stuck in DDS and subfiles. I'm not at all sure what the limit is
for HTML.

On 8/9/07, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Francis,

Exactly what is the limitation to how much data can be in a TEXT field on
a html form? Just curious as to how big a field could be until it fills
up the browser screen.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Francis Lapeyre" <flapeyre@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/09/2007 10:36 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Database design question

Or you can create a file that has a key by user, date, time, and a
sequence
number. The text field itself would be 75 or so bytes (which will fit onto
the entry screen as a subfile). If you have merely a 3-byte sequence
number,
you can fit 74,925 bytes of notes for each user/timestamp (enough for a
fair-sized short story). Plus, it conserved disk space over large fixed
length.

Maybe, as Rob said, make them varying in length (big enough to fill most
of
a screen), and have the sequence number; that way, if one screen isn't
enough, you can have it all under the same user and timestamp.