O C 12 14EQC005
OOC 12 14EQC006
OOC 12 14EQC007
OOC 12 14EQC008
FNC 2 5 YARD
FNC 12 16 GL#
FNC 1 1 RECCODE
FDC 01 45 DATA

FMTDTA INFILE((CHRKEE/BALFWD14)) OUTFILE(CHRKEE/BFCLOSE) SRCFILE(QFMTSRC)
SRCMBR(BFSORT01) OPTION(*NOCHK *NOPRT *NODUMP)

On 7/27/2007 10:02 AM, Pascal Bellerose wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for a utility that would index a file having a few field
and escpecially one that contains all sorts of data and needs several
formats to read it depending on another field's value.
In fact, to tell you everything, we have a huge file containing all our
source code from every program we have.
We use this file to lookup some variables or fields usage in our
programs. This is necessary to avoid time consuming searches with PDM and because
we still have some old OCL36 procedures (yes we still have those "state
of the art" oldies...)
So our problem is that this file is so huge that a SELECT LIKE request
takes about 5 minutes for each request. To make subselects is simply
out of the picture right now.
So we are looking for a tool that would index the SRCDTA field from our
megafile and build a file that let's us easily lookup any value that
would appear in our source code.
The file has 13 million records and it keeps growing.
Or, if anybody has another way to lookup source code without having to
use Hawkeye or PDM, and that would not take forever to load, just let me
know.
Thanks guys, and keep the good work!!!

Pascal Bellerose
pascal_bellerose@xxxxxxxxxxxx Réseau/Network: 2114

Cascades Canada inc.
412, Boul. Marie-Victorin
Kingsey-Falls, PQ, Canada
J0A 1B0
Équipe de support TI Corporatif / Corporate IT Support team
Tél./Phone: 819-363-6100
Fax/Télécopie: 819-363-6155
Pour toute demande de support: Cliquez ici (
http://ti.zonec.cascades.com/documents/Procédures%20générales/SUP-00002F.doc
)
For all support requests: Click here (
http://ti.zonec.cascades.com/documents/Procédures%20générales/SUP-00002E.doc
)
Pour toutes correspondances en rapport avec un appel de support, svp
veuillez spécifier votre numéro d'appel dans le sujet de votre message
For all communications concerning a support call, please mention the
call number in the subject of your emails.