Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Srinivas

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonathan Mason
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:22 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Spoolfile and FTP

Hi Srinivas

To send a spool file by email you would normally first copy the spool
file
to a database file using the CPYSPLF command and then transfer the
database
file to the IFS. If you don't have any 3rd party email software
installed
on your machine you can use the SNDDST command to email the file via
SMTP
from the IFS. I have a document showing how to do this at
http://www.astradyne-uk.com/docs/14-02001.pdf which describes how to
setup
SMTP and send documents, etc.

Alternatively, you can use the MMAIL utility (available free of charge)
from
http://www.easy400.net which has a specific command for emailing spool
files
and will (optionally) convert the spool file to PDF format.

To send the file via FTP, use CPYSPLF to copy it to a fixed record
length
database file and then use FTP to send it. For example:

CPYSPLF FILE(QSYSPRT) TOFILE(SPLF132) JOB(*) SPLNBR(*LAST)
FTP '192.168.0.1'

ASCII
PUT QGPL/SPLF132 qsysprt.txt
QUIT