I removed the semicolon from
IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM MYDB.EMAILS WHERE EMAIL_ID = em;)

but now it is giving me this error:

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a

valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0104N An unexpected token "END-OF-STATEMENT" was found following "WHERE
EMAIL_ID = em". Expected tokens may include: "<psm_semicolon>". LINE
NUMBER=13. SQLSTATE=42601

my line number 13 is this(in red):
IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM OMS.EMAILS WHERE EMAIL_ID = em)
THEN
UPDATE OMS.EMAILS
SET EMAIL_DESC= 'YYY'
WHERE EMAIL_ID = em;
ELSE
INSERT INTO OMS.EMAILS(EMAIL_ID, EMAIL_DESC)
VALUES (em, 'YYY')
END IF

when I tried to take out the semicolon out of the line 13, it is giving me
this error:

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a

valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0104N An unexpected token "ELSE" was found following "WHERE EMAIL_ID =
em
". Expected tokens may include: "<psm_semicolon>". LINE NUMBER=13.
SQLSTATE=42601

Thanks for the responses.

Kindest regards,
Misty.