From the management viewpoint, this decision does not surprise me. The
CEO demands results and likes anything gui. When the CEO thinks gui, the
ceo thinks Microsoft/PC. CFO wants it done as least expensive as
possible. COO wants the least expensive streamlined operation.

All these things are great from the "C" and senior mgt Level.

What I miss or leave out? The CIO and the senior IT management staff. If
this group does not lead the charge on all the fronts stated above that
the iSeries can "do it all" (don't think IBM will do anything), then
Microsoft or Oracle will always win. ON THE FRONT END. Pfizer may well
regret the decision 10 years down the road if (and they won't) do a cost
analysis of total cost of ownership between the iSeries and a Microsoft
or Oracle solution. Just the personnel cost alone is staggering.

Maybe this should be moved the miscellaneous lists?

Bentley Pearson
Vice President - Information Services
Southland National Insurance Corporation
1812 University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, Al
35403
205 345 7410