From: <daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:55 PM
Subject: Sample Code for OUTQ Processing? / API Confusion

   Can anybody point me to some sample code for processing entries in an
   output queue?  Basically, I want to create an RPG program that reads
   through entries in an OUTQ and if certain criteria such as the file
name
   or user data attributes are matched, the spool file will get moved to a
   different OUTQ.

   I'm new to using API's and user spaces.  From the reading that I've
done
   in the midrange.com archives and Scott Klement's web site it looks like
   you use an API to generate a list which returns a pointer to a user
space.
    I believe that I need the QUSLSPL API to generate that list.  Scott
has
   sample code to process a list generated by the List Members API.  If I
am
   understanding this correctly the user space is just like a big flat
file
   and you read through it by incrementing an offset from the starting
   address of the user space.

   Is this how list processing works?
   Am I on the right track?
   Is it time for a vacation?