From: rpg400-l-bounces+wesr=scc-inc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces+wesr=scc-inc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steve Landess
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:26 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: CHAIN Versus SETLL and READ When Data Needed

Wes-

Simple - you wouldn't code DOW 0=0 in the first place.
You'd condition the loop to end on a flag field that gets set inside the
loop...

I won't say I've never used something like DOW 0=0, but I haven't found
many cases where I need this type of loop.  On the other hand, I have
used both LEAVE and ITER on occasion...

- sjl