NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/01/2007 09:16:27 AM:

Alan,
You mean like this?
CREATE TABLE QTEMP/FILE01 (MYCHAR CHAR (10 ) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
  MYNBR DEC (5 , 2) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT)
  Table FILE01 created in QTEMP.
CREATE TABLE QTEMP/FILE02 (MYCHAR CHAR ( 10) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
  MYNBR DEC ( 5, 2) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT)
  Table FILE02 created in QTEMP.
INSERT INTO QTEMP/FILE01 VALUES('A', 1.2)
  1 rows inserted in FILE01 in QTEMP.
INSERT INTO QTEMP/FILE02 VALUES('B', 2.3)
  1 rows inserted in FILE02 in QTEMP.
CREATE VIEW QTEMP/FILE0102 AS(
  SELECT * FROM FILE01
  UNION
  SELECT * FROM FILE02
  )
  View FILE0102 created in QTEMP.
SELECT * FROM FILE0102

....+....1....+...
MYCHAR       MYNBR
A             1.20
B             2.30

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/28/2007 05:13 PM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: imbedded sql sytax question

The "problem" (please take note of quotes) with this answer is that there
is an implicit assumption that there's a record in file1 that corresponds
to a record in file2 and vice-versa.
One of the good things that most mainframes had (IBM, UNIVAC, BURROUGHS,
UNISYS, ICL etc) was that there was a way to pseudo concatenate like
files
together (through JCL, WFL etc) so that 2 separate, but like files,
looked
like it was in fact one larger file.
Is there a way of doing this in SQL?

Alan Shore