Hello,

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting the following implicit open error and why it says the file doesn't exist on the following:

File OS525OTH in library *LIBL not found or inline data file missing.
Error message CPF4101 appeared during OPEN for file OS525OTH.
Function check. RNX1216 unmonitored by OS525ECUST at statement 0001000001,
 instruction X'0000'.

Here's what happened:

a) Your program sent a request to operating system, asking it to open
   a file named OS525OTH (located in your library list)

b) The operating system looked for a file with that name, but didn't
   find it.  So it sent back an error (CPF4101) to your program,
   telling it "File OS525OTH in library *LIBL (short for library list)
   not found."

c) Your program wasn't ready to receive a CPF4101 error.  So it sent
   an error back to the program that called it, saying "RNX1216:
   I couldn't open OS525OTH, I got a CPF4101 when I tried."

d) That calling program (probably a CL program) wasn't ready to receive
   the RNX1216 error, so it returned an error message as well, saying
   "Function check -- I received an RNX1216 that I wasn't monitoring for"

That's why there are 3 messages, instead of 1, in your job log. The one that caused this chain reaction was the first one -- the "file not found" error.

How do you fix it? Add the library containing the OS525OTH file to your library list. Or create the OS525OTH file. Or override it to a different filename.... all depending on what that object is, and how you intended to use it...