This kind of looks like you have a solution in mind for a problem, and you are
trying to perhaps fit SQL into yoru pre-defined solution.
Let me ask what the actual problem is? Yes, I know you specified writing a set
of values to a file (and you can do that by specifing the values in your select
statement) but why? Are you trying to do monthly processing? Weekly? Daily?
What precisely?
For example, there are things like Current_Date and Current_TimeStamp that can
give you the current infomration. (There are other things as well, this is DB2
we are talking about...) You can also write a small stored procedure to give
you back something you need specially formatted.
SQL is, at heart, non-procedural, and it is often necessary to look at the
whole problem from a fresh viewpoint to see how to solve the problem with SQL,
if indeed, SQL is the right tool to use to solve the problem.
-Paul