So I take it then when you ftp from your pc to their i5 it is via VPN.

I shouldn't have described my process in a run-on sentence for the original
post.  Here are the current steps I take.

1. Create save file on source iSeries.
2. SAVOBJ's to SAVF
3. Transfer to my PC from source iSeries and place in c:\temp (FTP)
4. Transfer from my PC to http://mowyourlawn.com/somedirectory (FTP)
5. Get on client's PC via GoToMeeting.com
6. Transfer from http://mowyourlawn.com/somedirectory to c:\temp on clients
PC (HTTP download)
7. Transfer from clients PC to destination iSeries
8. Restore SAVF objects

Now, I could cut out step 3 and just FTP the SAVF from source iSeries to
http://mowyourlawn.com/somedirectory and then from destination iSeries FTP
to mowyourlawn.com - suppose then I would have to set them up with an FTP
account and default them to their own directory as I wouldn't want them to
have access to anybody elses code.  The thing I would have to do is figure
out how to change IIS (yes I am embarassed I host my site on IIS - long
story) to allow .savf downloads as it currently won't let them through.

If either of the machines could see each other it would obviously make this
whole process easier, but not everybody allows inbound traffic to their
iSeries via FTP, but on the other side nearly EVERY iSeries allows outbound
FTP.

Hope that clarifies a little better what my challenges are.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

So I take it then when you ftp from your pc to their i5 it is via VPN.
Makes sense.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/21/2006 07:47 AM
Please respond to

"'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Easy way to move RPG code from one machine to another

Why download it to your PC?  FTP directly to the client.

That's assuming they have a hole in their firewall punched to their
iSeries
FTP server.  If I can provide the remote FTP location (which I have many)
then that is something I don't need to rely on them for.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com