If you need to round up, then sub 1 from your number, divide by 1000, add 1, multiply by 1000.

(The sub 1 from your number is in case the original number is already rounded. 1000 remains 1000, not 2000, but 1001 still becomes 2000.)

say the number is 1455.

1455 - 1 = 1454, divide by 1000 = 1. Add 1 = 2.  Mult 1000 becomes 2000

1000 - 1 = 999, divide by 1000 = 0, plus 1 = 1, times 1000 = 1000

1999 - 1 = 1998, divide by 1000 = 1, plus 1 =2, mult 1000 = 2000.

Fleming, Greg (ED) wrote:
|The rounding algorithm goes something like this:
|
|Let N be the number to round, S be the scale of the rounding (in this
|example S = 1000)
|1)  temp = N + S/2
|2) result = (temp / S) * S
|
|I think this has to use 'integer division' to work.
|
|This is essentially what the H extender is about - hence the name -
|"(H)alf add".

|HTH,
|Adam

Adam,

I'm trying that out using my trusty calculator, and I'm not ending up
with a round number.

Say I want to round 1461 up to the nearest thousand, which would be
2000.
So N is 1461 and S = 1000

Temp = 1461 + 1000/2
Temp = 1461 + 500
Temp = 1961
Result = (1961/1000) * 1000
Result = 1961 ? Did I do something wrong ?
Greg