Birgitta,
That is exactly what I thought and also tried adding PRCUOM = 'CS' but doing
this is still showing item 'b' two times with PRCUOM as '99' in one record
and 'CS' in one record. Am I missing something here? Thanks again for your
assistance.

cheers,

Jake.

On 11/3/06, HauserBirgitta <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

>>I have another field named 'PRCUOM' now an item may have 'CS' or '99'
what
>>if I want to select only items with 'CS'...So, for item 'b', I want to
see
>>only one record...

... just add a where condition to the CTE:
  With x as (Select ITMNUM as xItemNo, Max(DTEEFF) as xMyDate,
               from ec30data.ITMPRC
               where     IBBRCH = ' '
                     and PRCUCOM = 'CS'
            Group By ITMNUM)
Select a.*
from    ec30data.ITMPRC a join x
      on ITMNUM = xItemNo and DTEEFF = xMyDate and PRCUOM = xprcuom;

Just an other comment:
A Select-Statement is not restricted to a single CTE, i.e. you can define
as
much as you want (there may be a restriction at 256? CTEs).
And it's even possible to use a CTE in an other CTE.
In the following example the ItemNo with the highest Sales (including the
total sales) will be determined.
Example:
with a as (select ItemNo as aItemNo, sum(Sales) as SalesPerItem
                     from Sales
                     group by ItemNo),
     b as (Select Max(SalesPerItem) as MaxSales from a)
select a.*
   from a join b on SalesPerItem = MaxSales ;

Mit freunlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)