Hi Birgitta,

I would like to return multiple rows with a single fetch.  I setup an array
data structure, but I get the following error when trying to compile the
new program:
"Position 36 Host structure array A1CODE not defined or not usable."
     D @SQLCMD         S             70A
     D Q               C                   ''''
      *
      * Vendor Service Code Array
     D Array1          DS
     D  A1Code                        3A   DIM(999)
      *
      * Embedded SQL Initializations
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set Option
     C+     Naming    = *Sys,
     C+     Commit    = *None,
     C+     UsrPrf    = *User,
     C+     DynUsrPrf = *User,
     C+     Datfmt    = *Iso,
     C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod,
     C+     Commit    = *NONE
     C/END-EXEC
      *
      * Build Vendor Service Code Array
     C                   EVAL      @SQLCMD = 'select max(SVCD26) ' +
     C                                       'from CARRIER '       +
     C                                       'where SVCD26 <> '    +
     C                                       Q + '   ' + Q         +
     C                                       ' group by SVCD26'
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ PREPARE SQL1 FROM :@SQLCMD
     C/END-EXEC
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ DECLARE C1 CURSOR FOR SQL1
     C/END-EXEC
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ OPEN C1
     C/END-EXEC
     C                   IF        SQLCOD >= 0
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ FETCH C1 FOR 10 ROWS INTO :A1Code
     C/END-EXEC
     C                   ENDIF
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ CLOSE C1
     C/END-EXEC
      *
     C                   EVAL      *INLR = *ON
     C                   RETURN

             "HauserBirgitta"
             <Hauser@SSS-Softw
             are.de>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/20/2006 03:30          Re: fill Array using SQL
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Hi,

you have to fetch the single value per row into a workfield and after move
this workfield into the appropriate array element.
In your example you always fill A1CODE (or the first array element because
it's overlayed by the array).

C/EXEC SQL
C+ FETCH C1 INTO :WrkField
C/END-EXEC
C                   EVAL      Array(i) = WrkField
C                   EVAL      i = i + 1

If you want to return multiple rows with a single fetch, you either have to

define a multi occurrence data structure or an array data structure, but
not
an array.

Mit freunlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser