In SEU, (and I think this also works in WDSCi), use line commands CR,
copy repeat, and OO, block overlay. The // on the CR line must be in
columns that are blank in the target lines. For example,

CR 3.01        //
OO 4.00          IF totAdjQuo <> 0 or totAdjExt <> 0;
1165.00            DCURQTY = prvQuo;
1174.00            printId2 = *OFF;
OO 5.00          ENDIF;
1176.00        ENDSR;

Results in,

CR             //
1164.00        //IF totAdjQuo <> 0 or totAdjExt <> 0;
1165.00        //  DCURQTY = prvQuo;
1174.00        //  printId2 = *OFF;
1175.00        //ENDIF;

Reggie Acosta

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:30:57 -0400
from: "Brian Piotrowski" <bpiotrowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Commenting out blocks of code in FF

Hi All,

Is there a way to comment out large blocks of code in free format?  We
tried /* */ and it didn't work and putting // in front of
each statement
would suck since there's a whack of lines we'd like to omit.

The only other way I have seen it done is by a "/if
defined(TheFollowingIsCommentedOut) and /Endif" statements.  Is there
another way to do it?

Thanks!

/b;

Brian Piotrowski