At my previous employer, we used MQ Series to communicate with a third
party software that ran on a Windows NT box.

Like Michael stated, you depend on those API's on connecting, open,  and
retrieving the messages off the queue. We used several queues for the
different business processes.  We built additional logic, used by third
party software, that used a trailer record to verify the record counts.

MQ Series was very stable on the ISeries. We had a few issues were the
queues on the NT box would go down once in awhile.

Thanks
Jason Bender
EDPS (Electronic Data Processing Services)
jbender@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Michael Ryan"

                      <michaelrtr@gmail.        To:       "RPG programming on
the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      com>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: ISeries -
Mainframe Communications
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      09/26/2006 09:53

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming on

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

I've worked a ton with MQ Series (Websphere MQ) on iSeries, communicating
with Winddows, UNIX and mainframes. You do have to write a program on both
ends, but it's fairly easy code. There are 6 salient APIs that you
use...essentially you MQCONNect, MQOPEN, MQPUT and MQGET, MQCLOSe and
MQDISConnect. The IBM documentation is OK, but there are some good MQ
forums. If you have MQ Series licensed on both (all) machines, or you don't
mind spending the bucks, it's the method I would choose.