Am I mistaken here but would this search for the whole value of 'ABCDE' in
that one position of %SUBST(), So this statement will always equal 0.  Did
you happen to mean to use the %Check()?

Michael Schutte
Dig in! Bob Evans New Knife & Fork Sandwiches - This much homestyle
goodness demands a Knife & Fork!

rpg400-l-bounces+michael_schutte=bobevans.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
09/23/2006 04:40:00 PM:

You can use %SCAN (my preference).
Also, if you don't use that variable POO@#K except for this, you can
eliminate it.

If %scan('ABCDE' : %SUBST(BDGXX:5:1)) = 0;
// it's not valid - send your message here
Endif;

Francis Lapeyre
IS Dept. Programmer/Analyst
Stewart Enterprises, Inc.