On 9/18/06, Eric Wolf <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  To the list,
  Problem 1)  By mistake, last week I re-created two heavily used service
  programs with the parameters of EXPORT(*ALL).  Ever since, my programs
  using the modules within the service program started erroring out.
  I immediately re-created the service pgms using the Binder source (which
  has a predefined signature) and re-compiled all the programs.  The
  programs are still erroring out.

maybe CRTPGM was used to recreate the bombing programs after the
SRVPGM was created with EXPORT(*ALL) and before it was created with
the binding source.

  Question 1)  can anyone give me an idea where to look as to why they might
  be bombing?

start with the error message. If it is a signature violation, display
the help text and find the name of the service program it is
complaining about. You can use DSPPGM to see what signature the
program is expecting for each SRVPGM it references.  And you can use
DSPSRVPGM to see the signature of the service program. However the
signatures got the way they are, they have to match.

  Problem 2)  The two service programs share a few of the modules. When I
  create the RPGLE programs I use the creation option of *DUPPROC and use
  the activation group *CALLER.  We are running in a MAPICS environment
  which, I believe, uses the QILE group.

  Question 2)  Could it be because I have some of the same modules in two
  different service programs?

depends on the error message. As long as you have not changed the
order in which the MODULE modules and BNDSRVPGM srvpgms are specified
there should not be a problem.

-Steve