Iam sending the file to down stream systems which can read only zoned not
packed. Due to this business requirements I have to send zoned file.

  But the file which was created due to a process has packed data in various
locations because of multiple layouts and very much scattered.

I wanted to create something which should search out these packed fields in the
record and convert them to zoned and then write a new record to different
file.This new file which is having zoned data will be sent to the systems that
can read only zoned. I felt Rob solution is suitable.

Bob Cozzi <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Murali,

Why not create a physical file with the data layout of the file as it currently
exists.
Then create a second physical file with the new, unpacked layout.
Then do CPYF with FMTOPT(*MAP) from the first file to the second.

-Bob Cozzi
www.iSeriesTV.com
Ask your Manager to watch iSeriesTV.com