Thank you Mike. It worked out for me!

Warm Regards,
JoeP

From: Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Session or device error
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:09:52 -0400

You're not showing if you are turning *In30 off... I would change to

Eval    *In30 = RRN > 0

And get rid of the IF statement altogether.

Try our New Country Benedicts -- Breakfast with a Bob Evans twist!

             "Joseph
             Pascoguin"
             <joe.pascoguin@ho                                          To
             tmail.com>                rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             rpg400-l-bounces@
             midrange.com                                          Subject
                                       Re: Session or device error

             08/22/2006 09:03
             AM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

DATABASE FEEDBACK:

Relative Record Number . . . . . . . . :   6

ILE RPG/400 FORMATTED DUMP

CUSNO                 PACKED(5,0)          00001.           '00001F'X
CUSPH                 PACKED(10,0)         0000000000.      '00000000000F'X
CUSST                 CHAR(2)              '  '             '4040'X
RRN                   PACKED(4,0)          0000.            '00000F'X

In my program Iam controlling
0030.00 C                   IF        RRN>0
0031.00 C                   EVAL      *IN30=*ON
0032.00 C                   ENDIF
0033.00 C                   ENDSR
****************** End of data ************* with 30 for SFLDSP...

Warm Regards,
JoeP

>From: "Jim Franz" <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Session or device error
>Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:46:28 -0400
>
>In the dump, what is the value of the rrn field?
>
>jim

SFR001A
> > access same CUSTOMER.
> > When I call SFR001A it is throwing the error " Session or device error
> > occurred in file SFD001 (C G D F)."
> > I took D to see dump, the one statement that attracted me is as below
> > Message Identifier . . . . . . . . . . :   CPF5021
> >             Incorrect relative record number or field selection error.
> >
> > In the additional message information by F1 , I can seen below
> >

> > Message ID . . . . . . :   RNQ1255       Severity . . . . . . . :   99
> > Message type . . . . . :   Inquiry
> > Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/22/06      Time sent  . . . . . . :
> > 08:30:43
> >
> > Message . . . . :   Session or device error occurred in file SFD001 (C
> > F).
> > Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure SFR001A in program PASCOJ/SFR001A at
> >  statement *INIT detected a session or device error.  Recovery may be
> >  possible. Examine the major/minor return code value to determine the
> >  specific error that occurred. If the major return code is 82 then the
> > error
> > occurred while acquiring a session or device. If the major return code

>is
> > 83
> >  then the error occurred during an I/O operation and the session or
>device
> > is
> >  still active.
> >
> > Can some one advise why the second program(SFR001A) is throwing this
> > exception, though it is same as that of SFR001?
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > JoeP

> > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's
FREE!