Hi,

have tried  the SQL statemnt but can't work
message : Column *N or expression specified in SELECT list not valid.

Check your SQL statement, there may be a typo or you forgot the group by
clause at the end.

The following script works perfectly on my V5R2 machine:
CREATE TABLE QTEMP/TEST
      (NAME   CHAR (20)   NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
       AMOUNT DEC (9 , 0) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT);

INSERT INTO QTEMP/TEST VALUES('Peter', 100);
INSERT INTO QTEMP/TEST VALUES('Mary', 100);
INSERT INTO QTEMP/TEST VALUES('John', 120);
INSERT INTO QTEMP/TEST VALUES('Mike', 200);

Select   a.Name, sum(a.Amount) as Summe,
         (Select    sum(b.Amount)
             from   test b
  where  a.Name >= b.Name) as Cumul
   from  test a
  group  by a.Name
  order  by a.Name;

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Birgitta

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
(Les Brown)