Hi Murali,

I think the answer is supposed to be E.  As Eric alluded to earlier, this
wording is a bit ambiguous.  When a user hits the Enter key, the program
can process the data stream.  It does not happen in a real-time event
based manner as one might expect if one is familiar with Java or Windows
or other GUI programming.

So, if the question is read as 'How can an RPG program know when a user
inputs a character on a display file', the answer is "F - None of the
above".

However, the CHANGE keyword can be used to turn on an indicator when the
user hits the Enter key if the user typed anything on a field in the
record format to which the CHANGE keyword applies.  This includes typing
the same value into a field which was there before.

If you want more details about DDS keywords, see the IBM Info Centre:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/    For V5R3, the direct link is:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/rzakc/rzakcmst02.htm

HTH,
Adam