From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:37 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Cc: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Keeping QPRINT open

--> Moved to RPG400-L at the request of the moderator <--

What language are the programs in? If RPG, I think it's as simple as
leaving LR off until the last program. You might also have to override
QPRINT to share(*yes) before you start(?).

It may not even be necessary to leave *INLR off.  I had a similar problem
recently:  I wanted to have PGMA read through an IFS directory, passing each
file (exluding . and ..) to PGMB for processing.  PGMB produces an error
report of records that need user attention, and I wanted all of the records
from all calls to PGMB to show up on the same report.  The trick was to
override the print file to have SHARE(*YES), then open the file in PGMA
(even though it was not used).  This way, PGMB can open and close the print
file at will, but the print file will not be handed over to the spooler
because it is still in use by PGMA.

If you have (or can add) a 'controller' program to the jobstream, you should
be able to use a similar method.

Hope this helps,
Adam