From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of derek gonsalves
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 10:09 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: dynamic printer file

hi..

Can u please tell me how do i calculate no of detail lines that would fit on

the page through the rpg program. Also let me give u a brief idea of the
program.

The text for the footer will change according to the parameters that are
sent to the printer file program. So firstly i have to calculate the total
number of lines for the different scenarios(eg if parameter 1 is sent then
no of lines in the pf for case 1 would be 5, for case 2 would be 6 and so
on, this could change) and then select the one with the maximum no of text
lines. this number would then be my constant for the number of lines for the

footer irrespective of any parameter tht is sent. And my footer would have
to be written from a specific line number after calculating the no of lines
to be left from the bottom .Also please tel me how do i hard code in the rpg

program for the header/footer to start from a specific line number.?

So in such a situation do i design my printer file (inc;uding the footer) in

the normal way i.e. through the STRRLU utility/ if so then how do i know the

no of lines to leave for the footer?? because this would be calculated in
the first time calculations in the rpg program.

Could you please give me a simple example for this.?

Thanx & Regards

Derek.