Need some help with the following section of code. The second if/else are both
executing. It acts as if the if/else is one statement. We have checked the
paring of the if/else and they look correct. Any ideals or help would be
greatly appreciated.

  if %len(%trim(APIErrMsg)) > 0;
     W#ERFL = *ON;
     W#MSDT = 'Error #' + APIErrMsg + ' receiving data from ' +
              'data queue.  Detail:  ' + APIErrDta;
   else;
   if %trim(itmInfo) = '';
      W#ERFL = *ON;
      W#MSDT = 'Invalid data received from data queue: ' +
            itmInfo ;
   else;
       uMATNO = jMATNO;
       uSIZE = jSIZE;