From: rpg400-l-bounces+flapeyre=stei.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces+flapeyre=stei.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry
Adams
Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 2:54 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Is a program all ready active?

Francis,

This idea would probably work if the files are always open, but I think Jim
said something about file overrides changing.  Which is where Opening and
Closing the files manually comes in real handy.  And kinda makes this option
hit-or-miss.  Aside from some API somewhere (equivalent to the // IF ACTIVE-
test in 36EE) Lim's idea about the *INZSR routine seems like the best.  But,
then, one could set a switch and test it.

On the other hand, Jim did not indicate if he needed to know that status
*before* his order entry program was actually invoked by the user.  If so,
none of these techniques will work, and time to find that API.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice