>I supposed I could understand doing it dynamically if there's a large
number of different processes or perhaps more importantly, the users need to
be able to changed the "assigned" process often.

Basically yes.  Anything to allow process flow to change without
recompiling.  Another example I thought of is electronic customer
interaction (i.e. order statuses, ship notification, etc).

Say PGMA was in charge of releasing a scheduled job to notify a customer
that their order just shipped. Let's assume that your organization has
customers with varying levels of communication style (i.e. some do business
over the phone, some email, some EDI, some XML, etc), but PGMA doesn't
really care about how the customer likes their data, it just knows it has to
get this notification scheduled/queued.  PGMA could CHAIN out to a PF and
determine which service program and sub procedure are "registered" with this
particular customer and event (event=Ship Notification). It would then pass
the order number to the sub-procedure being activated and walla! A ship
notification has been sent.

You could even modify the above to iterate over a grouping of events because
there are many times that you will have to send an email AND send
programmatic notification (say EDI, Web Service, etc) for an order being
shipped.

Now would be the time to discuss the performance concerns of dynamic
activation vs. other methods.  If somebody wants to pipe in on those points
feel free as I just know enough to be dangerous:-)

Aaron Bartell