That's what I thought Eric, and precisely why I said I could be done with
this by tomorrow ;-)

When I am mapping the columns of the view to the columns of the iSeries
table, and I choose a field that is 9P 0, or 9S 0, the Type column stays
blank.  When I click 'OK', an error states that all destination columns must
have a data type assigned.  I have tried using the following data providers:

IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider
IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDARLA OLE DB Provider
IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDASQL OLE DB Provider

This is why I assumed I must use an alternate method.