Scott Klement,

First, thank you so much for the link to your (very well written) articles
and to the POI classes at Apache.

I downloaded the 3 .jar files and copied then to /QIBM/UserData/Java400.
Then I copied your service program, /copy member and demo program to my
library on the iSeries and everything compiled. The first time!

Everything was going too smoothly.

When I tried to run the demo program (after populating the DIVSALES file),
I got the following error when it tried to create the 'book' object:
book = new_HSSFWorkbook();

Java exception received when calling Java method (C G D F).
Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure HSSFDEMO in program AJMLIB/HSSFDEMO
received
  Java exception "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
  org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook" when calling method "<init>"

  with signature "()V" in class
"org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook".

Any thoughts on what's going on here? Thanks for any help you can give.

Arthur J. Marino
Southern Container Corporation
(631) 231-0400 x133