Hi Birgitta
I was interested in your reply, because I do more or less the same thing,
but using files in QTEMP. I've looked at dataqueues in passing. Do you find
that using dataqueues instead of files is more efficient, quicker etc.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             "HauserSSS"
             <Hauser@SSS-Softw
             are.de>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/18/2006 03:19          AW: prob in subfile...
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Hi,

we solve such problems with keyed dataqueues located in the QTEMP library.

Each time page down, page up pressed or if the subfile is positioned to
some
where, we read current the subfile records and store the options other than
*Blanks and the unique key information (or relative record no) of the
subfile record in the dataqueue.

If we fill the next or previous page or whatever page, for we try to
receive
a dataqueue entry for each record we read. If a dataqueue entry is found,
the option is added to the subfile record and SFLNXTCHG is set *ON.

If Enter is pressed, we receive all entries from the dataqueue and handle
them according to the option.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Birgitta

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
(Les Brown)