Lugman,

It appears to me that you need to use the display attribute of position
cursor.  For column 1, assign indicator *In61,  for column 2, *in62, etc...
If you are going to have more than one page in the subfile, you will need
to use the page function.

AnyErrors = *Off;
DoW not *InKC;

   // Reload the whole subfile when there are no errors.
   If not AnyErrors;  // Indicator
      ExSr LoadSubFile#;
   EndIf;
   Write Footer;
   Exfmt SubFCtrl;
   AnyErrors = *Off;

   If *InKC;
      Leave;
   EndIf;
   ValidateSubfile#;
   If AnyErrors;
      ItEr;
   EndIf;
   ... Do whatever
EndDo;

// ------------------
// ------------------
BegSr ValidateSubfile#;

   // Check subfile in reverse order, so that the first
   // error is position to.
   For SFREC# = SFMAX DownTo 1;

       Chain (SFREC#) Subfile;
       If not %Found(DisplayFile);
          Leave;
       EndIf;

       *In63 = *Off;
       If Column2 is not Valid;  // on SFREC# only
          *In63 = *On;
       EndIf;

       *In62 = *Off;
       If Column2 is not Valid;  // on SFREC# only
          *In62 = *On;
       EndIf;

       *In61 = *Off;
       If Column1 is not valid;  // on SFREC# only
          *In61 = *On;
       EndIf;
       Update Subfile;
   EndDo;
EndSr;
// ------------------
// ------------------
BegSr LoadSubfile#;

   Read File;
   DoW not %EoF(File);
       SFREC# += 1;
       *In61 = *Off;
       *In62 = *Off;
       *In63 = *Off;
       Column1 = whatever1;
       Column2 = whatever2;
       Column3 = whatever3;

       Write Subfile;
   EndDo;

EndSr;

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Luqman"
             <luqman@pearlsoft
             .com.pk>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             rpg400-l-bounces@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: How to Position Cursor to
             04/10/2006 05:03          particular Field of
             PM                        ParticularRowinSubfile ?

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

I think you all misunderstood my question, my question is not positioning
particular row, but positioning to particular column.

Ok, lets do it like this.

When my screen of sub file is displayed having 04 rows and 03 columns, the
cursor should be on the 3rd column of 3rd row, how can I do this.
If I code like this.

sflrcdnbr=3
exfmt ctl

then cursor will go to SubFile Field no. 1 of  SubFile Line no. 1, but I
need the cursor on
SubFile Field no.3 ?

When I say row no. 1 and column no. 3, it does not refer to the AS/400
Screen Row/Column, it refers to SubFile Row(Line No.1) and SubFile Column
(Field No. 3).

The RTNCSRLOC(FLD) returns the Current field name.

I even tried using Eval FLD='mqty' which is the 3rd field of Subfile, but
still I can't get the cursor on it.

I hope i made myself clear now.

Best Regards,

Luqman