Has anyone tried reading the input from a scan of a PDF417 type barcode in
a RPG program?

There's characters in the scanner input stream that represent Record
Separators and Group Separators. I can't get the data to scan into a
single input field on my display file. When the Group Separator character
comes across, the cursor jumps down a couple lines on the screen. I was
able to determine this by creating a screen with multiple input fields,
and then placing the cursor on the top line, and scanning my 2-d barcode.
Part of the scanned data appeared on the first input field, part on the
4th line, and then the 7th line. Do I just have to position my input
fields on the screen in the proper position to capture each piece of
information coming in? Or what's the proper procedure for capturing the
scan input for a 2-d barcode. (Especially, since the PDF417 format can
contain hundreds of characters.)

A little background info; I"m on v5r3, and I use TL Ashford software on
the AS400 to print the barcode label. I'm only printing a small amount of
data in the barcode. For now, during my testing, I have a part number,
with AIAG prefix, and a serial number, with AIAG prefix. As a test I
created a Java program to read the scan input character-by-character. I
ran the Java program from the PC command prompt. I could see the ASCII
code 29's and 30's, Group Separators and Record Separators, come across in
the input. It's the Group Separator character that causes the cursor to
jump down the screen on the AS400 side.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be privileged and
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to this e-mail and deleting it from your computer.