On 3/18/06, Mike Pantzopoulos - (H/O) <mpantzopoulos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you Simon. Comprehensive and erudite as usual.
>
> I'm now having problems with point 3 of your answer. I've spent about 3 hours
> scanning ILE Concepts manual, MidRange Archive and the iSeries News site. To
> no avail.
> How do I invoke a CL procedure from an RPG program?

Mike,

the ILE gods are making this way too complicated!

In the rpg you prototype the cl program:

  d test20c    pr                         extproc('TEST20C')
  d InText                                    50a  const

then in your rpg code you call the prototyped procedure:
         test20c( 'hello from rpg program' ) ;

create the rpg module:
  CRTRPGMOD  module( test20r )

last step, CRTPGM the rpg program. In the list of modules to create
the program from, specify the rpg module and the cl module:
  CRTPGM PGM(TEST20R) MODULE(TEST20R TEST20C)

run the program and move on to learning how to write sql procedure
code that can be moved to the p5.

-Steve