This works...

Test(ED) *USA0 WcDelDate;

I'm checking the character field WcDelDate to ensure it's a valid date in
*USA format (with no seperators). A numeric field check would be the same.
Note there's no space between the extenders. Also note that I'm not
specifying an indicator.Instead, I do this after the TEST:

If Not(%Error);
  WkDate = %Date(WCDelDate:*USA0);
  If WkDate < (%Date() + %Days(2));
    Not2DayDate = *On;
  EndIf;
Else;
  InvalidDate = *On;
EndIf;

Where WkDate is a *real* date field. I'm also ensuring that WkDate is more
than 2 days from today's date, but that's not relevant.