Douglas,

Add the following H specs:
     H ActGrp(*CALLER)
     H DftActGrp(*NO)
     H BNDDIR('QC2LE')

And then you'll have access to all of those mathematical functions.  See
also
DSPSRVPGM SRVPGM(QC2UTIL2) DETAIL(*PROCEXP)

See section 5.1 of "Who Knew You Could Do That with RPG IV?" available
online at

List of available functions is at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/hll3.htm

Having said all this, if you don't want to roll your own, then look at
http://worksright.com/z4lln.html

I'm very happy with this company.  And you get monthly updates included.

"Distances can be calculated between Zip Codes or between known
latitude/longitude coordinates. Distances are provided in statute miles,
kilometers, and nautical miles."

Software is free with a year's prepaid subscription.
"The cost for a one-year subscription to Z4 LAT/LON is $990. The cost for
additional years is $990 per year."
Like I said, you do get monthly updates, so it is not money being paid
solely to pad his pockets.

ps:  I hope that you and your family came through the tornadoes ok.

Rob Berendt