From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:58 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Chaining with a very large file

Here's where I get boo'ed.

You are changing every record.  Two choices come to mind:

1)Is there anyway to get away from using keyed files?  There is no
requirement that processing be in employee number order.  Removing the K
makes these programs fly.

2)If you must use keys to keep things in synch then update/primary with
update secondary on the other five files, and then use Matching Records.
  This also makes a program fly.