>Deploy an RPG application as Web Service provider
There is a three part bummer about how this is implemented.

One, it is front ended with auto-generated Java which means when it breaks an
RPG shop will have to have Java knowledge not to mention the addition of Java
change management on top of your traditional RPG objects.

Two, to make the call to the RPG program PCML will most likely be used, and
unless they have changed it from when I used it last there are some annoying
limitations (i.e. a max of 7 parms can be used, the return parm is integer
only, dates and timestamp data types are not supported). If someone knows that
these limitations have lifted please correct.

Three, the above makes zero use of the new XML features built into the RPG
compiler.

>Enable an RPG application as a requester to a Web Service
I would be interested to see some code on how they did this. Jon and Susan, any
chance a there will be a modified "Who Knew You Could Do That with RPGIV"
coming out soon? :-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog