Does the sender NOT want to agree on a format to send and receive the
data?  I think they should have to work with you a little better before
you have to write 1 line of code.

Frank W. Kany IV
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Unipres USA, Inc.
(615) 325-8428 - Office
(615) 517-1742 - Cell
http://www.unipres.com

steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/27/2006 01:00 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
having to find an inv. # in a comment field :(

Well this is the picture. Don't ask why, but we get some info
from abroad. They put invoice numbers in a comment field. The comment
field can have normal comment info (not invoice number) but when there is
the invoice there, I need to put this in some other work file.

The len. of this comment field is 40.

It is not uniform. The ways it is there are:

INVOICE# XKC03J143L
INVOICE # XTG05K023L
INVOICE #   XSC06A016L
INV# XKC03G091L
INV. XTC05L053L
INV 5400960
INVOICES XTC05F008L AND XTC05F012L (in this case, I want to write 2
records)
INVOICE XTC05F009L
INVOICE #'S 2107071, 2107073 & 2107079
INVOICE #'S XSC04H008L & XTC04H021L

IN addition, there are several spelling mistakes on the word Invoice, but
these are not my concern ( I was thinking how to take the file, run it in
Microsoft spell check, perhaps someone has done this?).

Any thoughts on the coding would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

INVOICES SHIPPED AFTER COST CHANGE (an example of a real comment)