  ""The problem is that you're getting a pointer error, right? You've almost
certainly passed a bad parameter to cause that. I don't see how we'll know
which of your parameters is bad without seeing at least part of your code.
  You seem to think it's the 5th parm (main storage output). If that's the
case, have you tried changing the way you're passing that parm? Has it helped?""

  Scott,
  I agree that it's probably a bad parameter, and I'm only guessing that its
the 5th parameter because I don't know what to code for it. It could be any of
the other parameters, although I've looked at each element of each data
structure and I think I have the right data. I would think that even if I had
bad data in one of the elements of one of the structures that I would get a
different error than this, but who knows? The docuementation calls for a data
structure (char *) but says it only needs to be filled if you are using output
format QIMG0300 (which is used for writing to a file). If you are using this
format, there is a field within it where you tell the API how big parameter 5
is. But if you are using QIMG0200 (for spooled file output), then there is no
field within that format to tell the size of parameter 5, as I don't think its
being used. So I'm guessing that is what is causing the error. I've tried a
blank field, a blank data structure, x'00's - I have not tried a
 VARCHAR field as someone else has suggested, but I will try that next.
  Here's the code for my current attempt at this. It's using a copy of another
data structure (that worked in the sample code writing to a file).
   * CONTROL STRUCTURE
  DQIMC0100         DS
D QIMSL                   1      4B 0          INZ(100)
D QIMSF                   5     12             INZ('IMGC0100')
D QIMATION               13     16B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMAH                  17     48
D QIMFL                  49     52B 0          INZ(108)
D QIMFSF                 53     60             INZ('IMGF0100')
D QIMVERSE               61     64B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMCR                  65     68B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMESIZE               69     72B 0          INZ(1)
D QIMRETCH               73     76B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMHJ                  77     80B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMVJ                  81     84B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMKC                  85     88B 0          INZ(1)
D QIMKQ                  89     92B 0          INZ(1)
D QIMANCEL               93     96B 0          INZ(0)
  D QIMSL00                97    100B 0          INZ(0)

   * INPUT FORMAT IMGO0100
DQIMI0100         DS
D QIMSL01                 1      4B 0          INZ(101)
D QIMSF00                 5     12             INZ('IMGI0100')
D QIMICO                 13     22
D QIMICOL                23     32
D QIMDSF                 33     36B 0          INZ(1)
D QIMPI                  37     40B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMRU                  41     44B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMHRES                45     48B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMVRES                49     52B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMOT                  53     56B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMONO                 57     60B 0          INZ(68)
D QIMONL                 61     64B 0          INZ(33)
D QIMRSV1                65     68B 0          INZ(X'00000000')
D QIMON                  69    101
DQIMO0300         DS
  D QIMSL06                 1      4B 0          INZ(132)
D QIMSF05                 5     12             INZ('IMGO0300')
D QIMICO04               13     22
D QIMICOL04              23     32
D QIMDSF04               33     36B 0          inz(0)
D QIMPI04                37     40B 0          inz(0)
D QIMRU04                41     44B 0          inz(0)
D QIMHRES04              45     48B 0          inz(0)
D QIMVRES04              49     52B 0          inz(0)
D QIMSU01                53     56B 0          inz(0)
D QIMHSIZ01              57     64P 5          inz(0)
D QIMVSIZ01              65     72P 5          inz(0)
D QIMCT01                73     76B 0          inz(0)
D QIMCQ01                77     80B 0          inz(0)
D QIMBS01                81     84B 0          inz(0)
D QIMPS01                85     88B 0          INZ(26)
D QIMUPSU01              89     92B 0          inz(0)
  D QIMHUPS01              93    100P 5          inz(0)
D QIMVUPS01             101    108P 5          inz(0)
D QIMPO01               109    112B 0          inz(0)
D QIMLB01               113    116B 0          inz(0)
D QIMRB01               117    120B 0 inz(0)
D QIMTB01               121    124B 0 inz(0)
D QIMBB01               125    128B 0 inz(0)
D QIMSP                 129    132B 0          INZ(2048)

  * OUTPUT FORMAT QIMIO0200

DQIMO0200         DS
D QIMSL05                 1      4B 0          INZ(200)
D QIMSF04                 5     12             INZ('IMGO0200')
D QIMICO03               13     22             inz('*DEV')
D QIMICOL03              23     32
D QIMDSF03               33     36B 0          Inz(22)
D QIMPI03                37     40B 0          Inz(0)
D QIMRU03                41     44B 0          Inz(0)
D QIMHRES03              45     48B 0          inz(0)
  D QIMVRES03              49     52B 0          inz(0)
D QIMSU00                53     56B 0          inz(0)
D QIMHSIZ00              57     64P 5          inz(0)
D QIMVSIZ00              65     72P 5          inz(0)
D QIMCT00                73     76B 0          inz(0)
D QIMCQ00                77     80B 0          inz(0)
D QIMBS00                81     84B 0          inz(0)
D QIMPS00                85     88B 0          INZ(0)
D QIMUPSU00              89     92B 0          inz(0)
D QIMHUPS00              93    100P 5          inz(0)
D QIMVUPS00             101    108P 5          inz(0)
D QIMPO00               109    112B 0          inz(0)
D QIMLB00               113    116B 0          inz(0)
D QIMRB00               117    120B 0          inz(0)
D QIMTB00               121    124B 0          inz(0)
D QIMBB00               125    128B 0          inz(0)
D QIMOD                 129    138             inz('*JOB')
  D QIMON01               139    148             inz('NOPRINT
D QIMOL                 149    158             inz('*LIBL')
D QIMPN                 159    168    inz('QSYSPRT')
D QIMPL                 169    178    inz('QSYS')
D QIMUD                 179    188
D QIMOPIES              189    192B 0 inz(1)
D QIMSAVE               193    196B 0 inz(1)
D QIMRSF                197    200B 0 inz(1)
DQIMF0100         DS
D QIMAH00                 1     32
D QIMSN00                33     42
D QIMJN                  43     52
D QIMJUN                 53     62
D QIMJNBR                63     68
D QIMSNBR00              69     72B 0
D QIMIJI00               73     88
D QIMISI00               89    104
  D QIMODSL               105    108B 0
D Ext_APIError    DS
D  BytesProvided                 9B 0 Inz( 272 )
D  BytesAvail                    9B 0 Inz( *Zero )
D  MsgID                         7    Inz( *Blanks )
D  Reserved                      1    Inz( *Blanks )
D  MsgDta                      256    Inz( *Blanks )
DQMAINI01         S              4    INZ(X'00000000')
 * - Input Streamfile
D In_Path         S             33
 * - Output Streamfile
D Out_Path        S             33
D Image           PR                  extproc('QimgCvtImg')
D   ControlS                          LIKE(QIMC0100)
D   InputImageS                       LIKE(QIMI0100)
D   MainStgS                          LIKE(QMAINI01)
D   OutputStGS                        LIKE(QIMO0200)
  D   MainStgOS                         LIKE(QIMO0300)
D   Feedback                          LIKE(QIMF0100)
C*
   C     *ENTRY        PLIST
C                   PARM                    In_Path
C                   PARM                    Out_Path
C                   MOVE      *ALLx'00'     QIMAH
C                   MOVE      *ALLx'00'     QIMICO
C                   MOVE      *ALLx'00'     QIMICOL
C                   MOVE      *ALLx'00'     QIMICOL03
C                   MOVE      *ALLx'00'     QIMICOL04
 * Set Path input / output Streamfile
  C                   eval      QIMON   =     In_Path
C                   eval      QIMONL = %len(%TRIMR(In_Path))
C                   eval      QIMSL01 = QIMONO + QIMONL
C                   CALLP     Image( QIMC0100
C                                   : QIMI0100
C                                   : QMAINI01
C                                   : QIMO0200
C                                   : QIMO0300
C                                   : QIMF0100
C                                   : Ext_APIError)
  c                   eval      *INLR = *ON