I've read AdvancedOptimization Techniques described in ILE Concepts and
tried to perform Program Profiling on some of my programs. I followed
instructions from pdf but as a result I didn't get anything except
different errors.

here is example

I have MODUL01 and MODUL02 bound into program PGM2PRF. MODUL01 is created
with optimization level *FULL and PRFDTA parameter *COL so PGM2PRF has
that parametar *COL too. MODUL02 has atributes OPTLVL *NONE and PRFDTA
*NOCOL - if instructions from concepts are right this shouldn't affect on
profiling of PGM2PRF and its MODUL01.
I started profiling with STRPGMPRF and started program. After procession I
tried to CHGPGM with PRFDTA = *APYALL but as result I have got next msg:

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH4227       Severity . . . . . . . :   40
 Message type . . . . . :   Escape
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   13/01/06      Time sent  . . . . . . :
02:34:06

 Message . . . . :   Instruction stream not valid.
 Cause . . . . . :   The object was not created because the sequence of
   instruction stream objects is not valid.
 Recovery  . . . :   There is a problem in the compiler.  Report this
problem
   to the supplier of the compiler.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The reason code is 7.  The
current
   instruction count is 3200.  The offset to the instruction stream data
that
   is not valid is 33044 bytes.  The offset to the current instruction is
33040
   bytes and the operation code of the current instruction is X'0000008D'.
 The
   current statement number is 0.  The VLIC log note ID is 01000B21.

I just don't want to believe that problem is in compiler (admin said he
aplied all necessary PTFs)...
I tried all this with program bound from just one module (OPTLVL *FULL,
PRFDTA *COL) but result is same.

Has anybody any expirience with optimization to help me with this. My
colegues doesn't know even what is the purpose of optimization so this
place is last chance to figure what am I doing wrong :))

Best regards,
Igor Bešlić, dipl. ing. rač.
VOLKSBANK d.d.
OJ Informatika