See if this works for you:
(use fixed font, copy & paste if you so wish)

** WRITTEN BY    : Booth Martin                                       *
** DATE WRITTEN  : 12/2005                                            *
**--------------------------------------------------------------------*
FSFLSORTFM cf   e             workstn
F                                     sfile(SFL1 : SF1NUM)
FSFLSORTP  if   e             disk

**====================================================================*
** MAINLINE-BEGIN                                                     *
**====================================================================*
C                   exsr      S1Fill
 * Display screen.
C                   exsr      S1Main
 * Exit.
C                   eval      *inlr = *on
**====================================================================*
** MAINLINE-END                                                       *
**====================================================================*
 *-------------------------------*  Sub-Routine  *
 * S1Main()                      *---------------*
 * Screen - Main processing.                     *
C     S1Main        begsr

 * Loop until exit.
C                   dow       *inkc = *off
 *   Display screen.
C                   write     S1CMD
C                   exfmt     S1

C                   select
 * F3=Exit.
C                   when      *inkc = *on
C                   endsl
C                   enddo
C                   endsr

 *-------------------------------*  Sub-Routine  *
 * S1Fill()                      *---------------*
 * Screen - Fill screen.                         *
C     S1Fill        begsr
 * Clear subfile.
C                   eval      *in50 = *on
C                   write     S1
C                   eval      *in50 = *off

 * Fill SFL.
C                   eval      SF1NUM = *zero
 * Read the file.
C     *start        setll     SFLSORTP
C                   read(e)   SFLSORTP
C                   dow       NOT %eof
C                   eval      SF1NUM = SF1NUM + 1
C                   write(e)  SFL1
C                   read(e)   SFLSORTP
C                   enddo

 * No records?
C                   if        SF1NUM = *zero
C                   eval      SF1NUM = 1
C                   eval      *in61 = *on
C                   write(e)  SFL1
C                   endif

 * Save values.
C                   eval      SF1RECS = SF1NUM
C                   eval      SF1TOP = 1
C                   endsr

steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Booth, but is there one that is more simple to base on?

There's lots of samples on the Internet in various places.

Here's a couple:

http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/code_samples.htm

http://tinyurl.com/a4t6c

steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

HI I am looking for some code for a simple subfile update program. Idid
the display.
Thanks,
Steve