Hi,

>> We are having similar problems when a user switches from
>> 1 current library to another and the service programs continue to use the
>> files from the previous library.

> Yes, this is also why I don't like to keep files open...

This is why I prefere embedded SQL!
Changing library lists results in access plan revalidation and, possibly,
the deletion and re-creation of Open Data Paths (ODP) for unqualified SQL
statements running under system naming.

Using named activation groups allows me to reduce the OPDs to a minimum.

Birgitta