http://www.unipres.com

Mahesh Pawar

Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/02/2005 05:55 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries

cc

Subject
How to find who is updating particular PF ?

Hi all,

I need to add 2 new fields to a sales extract file and also populate
them.The problem is I am not able to figure out how the file is getting
updated.(which programs is updating this file)

Whats known:

The sales Extract file is journalled and the journal entries are created
by a program which is a part of the datamirroring software. There is a
constantly running batch job (also a part of Datamirror) which is most
likely monitoring updates to the sales file.
The object locks for this batch job has a *USRQ object which leads me to
believe that the data from the sales file is written to the extract file
using the *USRQ object. Since the Datamirroring package is a 3rd party
tool, I do not have access to the source code.

I have verified that the Sales extract file is not DIRECTLY
referenced/updated thru programs (scanned source members and also did a
dsppgmref) / queries / Sqlpkg / dataareas / triggers).

How do user queues work?? Is there anything else that I need to check.

Will appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh Pawar

Yahoo! Personals