Hi Bob,

Does anyone have an email syntax validation routine they could post...or point me to a sample somewhere? I just want to make sure it is in a valid format. I don't care if it is a valid address or if the domain exists. Oh....it also has to be in RPG III.....don't ask.....

I need an inexpensive and fast way to travel to California. Oh, and it has to involve a horse-drawn buggy.... don't ask. Is there a way I can get a horse drawn buggy from Wisconsin to California in less than 5 hours? Can someone point me to an inexpensive offering on the web?

RPG III is not a good tool for e-mail validation because:

a) It's string manipulation operations are awful.

b) It can't call ILE procedures, and therefore can't use DNS lookups.

c) It's an obsolete language that hasn't had any major development since the early 1990s -- significantly before e-mail was mainstream.

Do you use Windows for Workgroups for your PC servers? On a 386? Are your desktops all Windows 3.1? Or green screen? Do you think Ace of Base is the next big thing in pop music?