To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: embedded sql, procedure, and report output

  I had my code looking very similar to that without the activation groups
and can not get it to work on V5R2. I am about to give up and convert the
  program back to regular file access as I know it will work.  I wish this
  SQL stuff was easier(I know upgrade to V5R3 and it is!!), thanks

  rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

This compiles on my V5R3 machine
     h dftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*caller)
     FQSYSPRT   O    F   80        PRINTER
     D MySub           PR
     D ts              s               z
     C/exec sql
     C+ values current timestamp into :ts
     C/end-exec
      /free
       *inlr=*on;
       return;
      /end-free
     OQSYSPRT   E            H
     O                                           08 'DATE:'
     P MySub           B
     D MySub           PI
      /free
       return;
      /end-free
     P MySub           E

With TGTRLS set to *CURRENT, V5R2M0 or V5R1M0.

Rob Berendt

  --

  Weyco Group -

      Florsheim, Brass Boot, Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams
  Duane Kehoe                       Phone # 414.908.1814
  EC / Programmer / Analyst           Fax # 414.908.1601
                            Email: dkehoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx